Thursday, June 25, 2009

Vegan Coconut Milk Carob Carob Chip Ice Cream

Today, I started to make a wonderful ice cream. I thought that I would finish it tonight. I did not. I was foiled by my own impatience...

I didn't freeze the freezer thing long enough and I didn't chill the ice cream mixture long enough. So, it didn't turn into ice cream. That was sad, but I just put the ice cream back in the fridge and the freezer thing back in the freezer and I will try again tomorrow.

I couldn't find a recipe for vegan carob ice cream, so I looked up enough recipes until I thought I had a handle on what was going on and made up my own.

2 cans Coconut Milk
1/3 cup Carob Powder
1 cup sugar

heat until sugar is melted. then add

2 tsp vanilla extract

put into ice cream maker and run for 25 minutes. At this point, mixture should have a soft serve consistency. (It did not and I will have to repeat this step tomorrow)

Add to ice cream mixture

2 tsp straight booze
1/4 cup chopped vegan carob chips

When incorporated, remove from ice cream maker. Place into air tight container and freeze. Or, you know, gobble it up.

No comments: