Saturday, June 27, 2009

The ice cream rocked!

I should say, the Carob Carob-Chip Coconut Milk Ice Cream rocked.

The Cherry Cheesecake Soy Ice Cream isn't too great... It's not completely inedible. It's just not awesome like the Carob one.

First, my cherries were bad by the time I got around to using them---darn the early in the week stomach ache, because I wanted to eat those cherries so bad. However, combining a stomach ache with cherries is not a good idea. So, I used frozen strawberries. Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream sounds pretty good, right? No, it has a slightly chemical like taste.

The soy milk does not, so I'm not sure what's up with that. Could it be the arrow root powder? It's kind of hard to do tests because each batch takes a while to make. Not the actual churning---that only takes 30 minutes---but it does taste better when it's spent some time in the freezer getting more solid. Both of them did that. I mean tasted better when they were more frozen.

Also, refrigerating the ice cream mixture before churning it seems to be key as well.

In other words, I ate too much seaweed tonight. I did what I'm not ever supposed to do and bought one of those plastic containers full of seaweed snack strips. It's taking all of my will power to not eat them all up right now. It would not be a good idea. Too much seaweed can cause problems for me... And I'm a crazy seaweed addict. Really. I should never buy it. It should never be in my house. I'm just going to have one more piece and then go to bed... LOL!

The next thing that I'm going to make is a Rice Pudding Ice Cream.

I'm also going to post some of my daily recipes and the ones that I usually make a lot of and store in the freezer. That's what's on the agenda!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

=] the ice cream you ate earlier sounds yummy! Hope all is well, keep it up! xx

the secret vegan said...

How exciting! My very first comment! Thank you! :-)