Sunday, August 2, 2009

Happy Vegan Ice Cream Days Ahead!

A dear friend bought me a Cuisinart ICE-20 Automatic 1-1/2-Quart Ice-Cream Maker from Amazon this morning. It should arrive in 2 days! I'll freeze the bowl for a day and we're looking at Carob Carob-Chip Coconut Ice Cream within 72 hours!!! Woo hoo!!!

This became a necessity, as I went to Scoops in Los Angeles, near City College, the other day and all of their vegan ice cream was full of chocolate and nuts. Sad Face. I had some good sorbet, but... Come on... What we all scream for is Ice Cream!!!

However, the really good part of that journey was walking across the street to have a beer at the restaurant that another patron of Scoops was talking up. I didn't want a beer, but a snack sounded good to me and, voila---Pure Luck!!! Vegan, vegan, vegan!!! I had a soup that was soooo good that I wanted to pour it all over my body and rub it in! I didn't, of course. I gobbled it up and put in a to-go order, so that I could take some home. Seriously, I could not say good-bye to this soup.

No comments: