Monday, May 7, 2007

Grocery Shopping. One day.

I went grocery shopping yesterday. With the intent of making a couple of vegan meals/recipes.

Spring Rolls
Tofu and Zucchini Stir Fry
Vegan Biscuits and Gravy
Tempura Green Beans
Tasty Yam Fries

Obviously, I'm not really worrying about the fat content right now... I'll worry about that later when the idea of eating vegan again isn't so daunting. I'm focusing on Asian foods, because I can't eat that genre of food when I go out, due to the use of mushrooms and shellfish--- I am deadly allergic to both.

I made the Tofu and Zucchini Stir Fry for lunch for myself and a friend who came over for an afternoon meeting. It was amazingly delicious *and* filling. I served it on Rice Noodles, because, well... I've always wanted to make them and I used to let myself think that I couldn't make the genre of food that rice noodles were in. I'm done with that thinking now. (Thank goodness...)

I made myself spring rolls for dinner. Some with lettuce and carrots and green onions and avocado and some with leftovers from lunch. Both were super-tasty.

I'm feeling like I'd like some carbs, so I'm going to either make some oven-baked sweet potato fries or just whipped up a nice bowl of popcorn...

Or perhaps, I'll just go to sleep--This not taking my medication is really hard and makes each day last about 6-9 hours, before I have to go to sleep.

I definitely am feeling good about eating vegan for a day and will do it again tomorrow!

No comments: